Statement of Qualifications
Representative Project Experience
The following section provides a representative listing of Environmental Program Management Projects
implemented and completed by DSM Staff. Projects are organized into
the general environmental media areas of Air Emissions, Solid & Hazardous Waste
Management, and Wastewater Treatment and Management as presented below:
4.1 Air Emission Projects
4.2 Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Project
- Title V Operating Limit - Title V Emission Inventory, Compliance Schedule and
Operating Permit Application for a refinery and terminal in Puerto Rico; a refinery in
Wichita, KS; and a terminal facility in El Dorado, KS.
- Tank Inspection Compliance Program - Design and implementation of a Tank
Inspection Program for compliance with Title V requirements for a Terminal
- Air Pollution Control Permits - Air pollution control permit preparation and
submission for Chemical marketing facilities in El Paso, TX; Alvin, TX; and
- Fugitive Emission Compliance Program - Design and implementation of a
fugitive emission compliance program. Program included tagging, monitoring,
reporting and database management.
- Recordkeeping & Reporting Compliance Program - Design and implementation
of a record keeping and reporting program for compliance with Title V requirements.
- Construction Permit - Preparation and submittal of a Benzene Vapor Control
System air construction permit.
- Emergency Response Plan - Preparation and submittal of an Emergency Response
Plan in compliance with Title V requirements.
- United States Coast Guard Marine Dock Certification - Preparation and
submittal an application for USCG Marine Dock Certification in compliance with the
USCG regulation 33 CFR Part 127 for Waterfront Facilities Handling Liquefied
Natural Gas and Liquefied Hazardous Gas.
- Truck Loading Rack Environmental Standard Operating Procedures -
Develop tank truck loading rack environmental standard operating procedures and
provide training in accordance with Title V requirements.
4.3 Wastewater Treatment & Management Projects
- Impoundment Closure - TNRCC Standard 3 closure of 14 impoundments (110
acres) containing hazardous sludge with up to 15% organic and 5% lead using
stabilization / solidification as treatment technology.
- CERCLA Site Closure - Removal and closure of mine tailings at a Superfund site
containing numerous heavy metals. The project included the remediation of acid
mine drainage and slope stabilization of hydraulically placed tailings dams.
- Bioremediation - In-situ bioremediation of 180,000 cubic yards of organic
contaminated waste using substrate specific and naturally occurring cultures for the
major oil companies in Louisiana.
- Municipal Sludge Dewatering - Design, engineering, installation and contract
operation of the largest municipal sludge dewatering facility in the State of
Mississippi. (Jackson, MS)
- Industrial Sludge Dewatering - Design, engineering and installation of
Centrifuge dewatering system to treat DAF generated bakery waste. (Anheuser
Busch - Fort Payne, AL)
- Land Treatment Unit - Hazardous waste land treatment unit (LTU) design and
contract operation for refining operation in Louisiana.
- Refinery Hazardous Waste Minimization - Design, engineering and sale of 3
mobile dewatering units for use in the Refining and Petrochemical sectors. Extensive
operator training was included
- Mechanical / Chemical Dewatering - Mechanical/chemical field dewatering
projects utilizing centrifuge, twin belt press, recessed chamber filter press, screw
press and high speed horizontal vacuum filtration.
- Hazardous Waste Minimization - Waste minimization and product recovery
projects for refineries in California, Texas, and Louisiana utilizing three-phase
centrifuge separation and thermal destruction technology.
- Hazardous Waste LTU Construction - Design and construction of two
hazardous waste land treatment units (CERCLA and RCRA Corrective Actions) for
sludge and soils.
- Contaminated Soil Stabilization - Ex situ waste stabilization of soils
contaminated with VOC's. Project included the treatment design and the design of
- RCRA Landfill - Permitting, design and construction of a commercial RCRA
- CERCLA Bioremediation - Design and construction of facilities for slurry phase
bioremediation of a CERCLA lagoon. Project included the design and construction
of a DNAPL recovery and groundwater treatment system.
- CERCLA Groundwater Treatment - Design and construction of a groundwater
interceptor trench for LNAPL product recovery and groundwater treatment at a
- RCRA Incinerator - Design and construction of the retrofit of a light weight
aggregate manufacturing kiln into a hazardous waste incinerator.
- RCRA TSD Facility - Design and construction of reinforced concrete storage tanks,
clarifiers and blast containment buildings for a RCRA TSD facility.
- RCRA Landfill - Design and construction of a composite-lined, hazardous waste
monofill subjected to large-strain consolidations and high seismic loads.
- RCRA Landfill - Provided project management for the remediation of a 30-acre
landfill in Houston, Texas. The project consisted of grading, slurry wall construction,
methane gas recovery well installations, landfill cap construction and miscellaneous
- Heavy Civil Construction Engineering - Provided project management for a $1.5
million heavy civil construction project in Ft. Worth, Texas involving the excavation
and re-placement of approximately 800,000 cubic yards of soil and rippable rock.
- Remedial Design of CERCLA Site - Provided project management for the remedial
design of a Superfund site in Pensacola, Florida.
- Soil Stabilization - Design and construction of a $2 million stabilization project
used to assess the geotechnical characteristics of a soft organic "marsh mat".
- RCRA CLosure & Remediation - Prepared closure plan, risk assessment, project
plans and specifications, and provided field engineering oversight for closure of a
wastewater treatment impoundment and associated treatment facility in an
agricultural chemical manufacturing plant.
- RCRA Landfill Design - Provided engineering for the design of a double-lined
hazardous waste landfill near Texas City, Texas.
- RCRA Part A & Part B Permit - Provided engineering for the preparation of a major
modification to a chemical plant's Part A and B permit application.
- CERCLA Site Remediation Design - Prepared plans and specifications for the
source remediation of a Superfund site in Louisiana.
- CERCLA Site Remediation Design - Provided engineering for the remedial design
of a Superfund site in Grand Prairie, Texas.
- CERCLA Site Remediation Design - Provided engineering for the subsurface
characterization and geotechnical assessment of a Superfund site near Texas City,
- RCRA Facility Investigation - Conducted RFI for an 800 acre Refining and
petrochemical facility in Puerto Rico. Project included facility wide subsurface
- RCRA Hazardous Waste Management Unit Closures - Prepared closure plans,
risk assessments, project plans and specifications, and provided field engineering
oversight for closure of seven (7) hazardous waste management units in a refining
and terminal facility in Puerto Rico.
- CAMU Treatability Study - Prepared work plan and implemented CAMU
treatability study for bioremediation, thermal desorption and solvent extraction for a
CAMU in Puerto Rico.
- CAMU Application - Prepared technically complete CAMU Application for a
refining and petrochemical facility in Puerto Rico. Application included design and
engineering of Land Treatment Unit.
- Subsurface Product Recovery - Design, engineering and installation of facility
wide subsurface product recovery system.
- RCRA Part B Permit - Prepared new RCRA Part B Permit Application. Provided
design and engineering for three hazardous waste units to include BDAT hazardous
waste treatment unit, containment building and tank system.
- Solid & Hazardous Waste Management System - Design and implementation
of a Hazardous waste management and tracking system for an Oilfield Service
Company with 150 facilities throughout the continental United States.
- Contract Lab Program (CLP) Data Validation - Provide third party data
validation for CLP Level 4 laboratory results.
- Wastewater Treatment Plant - Provided wastewater treatment plant design,
engineering and equipment specification for a hazardous waste transport company in
- Zero Discharge Wastewater Discharge Plant - Design and construction of a
zero discharge and wastewater recycling plant under the Great lakes Initiative for an
inorganic chemical manufacturer.
- Hydraulic & Watershed Analysis & Control - Hydraulic and watershed
analyses of process and stormwater flows for a 1200 acre petrochemical complex.
The design included systems for flow segregation, benzene emissions control, and
additional lift stations and ancillary equipment for stormwater protection and control.
- Hydraulic Analysis & Control - Hydraulic analyses of process and stormwater
flows for an 800 acre refinery and terminal complex in Puerto Rico. The design and
engineering included systems for flow segregation and collection, ballast water
storage, and additional lift stations and ancillary equipment for stormwater protection
and control and treatment.
- Wastewater Treatment Plant - Design and engineering of a 600 gpm
wastewater treatment plant for a refinery and terminal operation in Puerto Rico.
- Wastewater Characterization - Design, sampling and characterization of
multiple waste streams for development of loading specifications for WWTP design
for a refining operation.
- Wastewater Characterization & WWTP Vendor Qualification -
Sampling, analysis and characterization of facility wastewater streams for
development of wastewater treatment plant design specifications. Project included the
generation of a Request for Proposal (RFP), qualifying WWTP vendors, evaluating
submitted proposals and preparing recommendations for vendor selection.
- Freshwater Wetlands Treatment System - Design and construction of a 25 acre
freshwater wetlands and 5 acre intertidal wetlands as part of construction and
remediation mitigation projects under Section 404 of the Clean Water Act.